Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Blog post for week 2

The class has ventured fourth in our text book titled Practices of Looking an Introduction to Visual Culture or POL for short. The text has talked a lot about how the person interprets the images is based on there personal social and political views and upbringing. It also mentioned how when viewing an image form a different era that it might not have the same impact as it would have had on someone who understands what was happening at that time economically, politically, and socially. Something I found interesting while reading that POL pointed out was the intentions of the artist do not always read the same to the viewer. I had never really given that concept much thought. In my previous photography classes I thought the intent of my photographs were pretty clear but maybe they were not.

No comments:

Post a Comment